The other day I posted this photo…
And I was instantly flooded with requests for the recipe for these eclairs…
A dear friend of mine (who now lives in Kansas) her Mumma makes these, I have eaten them many times since knowing these wonderful friends….
So I asked Shar if I could share her recipe & and she thankfully said I could share it with you all… So here it is…
“Shaza’s kiwi chocolate eclairs”…
- 100g butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- Whipped cream for filling
- A block (or 2) of cadbury chocolate for topping
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place butter and water in saucepan and heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil – remove quickly and add flour.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the saucepan.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Mix until mixture is glossy.
- Using 2 spoons distribute mixture onto lined trays. (Or pipe 7cm strips)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eclairs are puffy & golden.
- Lower heat to 120 degrees C and bake for another 15 minutes until dry.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare whipped cream to your liking (I add icing sugar & vanilla)
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method. I use my thermomix, but microwave or stovetop also works great. I just use regularly cadbury block chocolate, I used one block for my batch but I feel I should’ve used another 1/2 a block.
- Using a sharp knife, cut eclairs in half but leaving top attached.
- Fill with whipped cream and then dip top into melted chocolate. (Or spoon melted chocolate over the eclairs)
- Set aside for chocolate to set.
- Eat & enjoy. (store eclairs in the fridge)
I filmed myself making these for the firs time, in my recent “clean with me” video, you can CLICK HERE to watch that. (They are easy to make, a tiny bit fiddly – but you can see in the video how easy it is!)
If you try this recipe I would love to see/hear how they turn out for you, send me a photo on social media!