When our home was at frame stage the day before it was due to be gyprocked/sheeted we went and had a picnic dinner (it was actually on Mother’s Day) and I wrote scriptures, prayers and blessings on the frame work.
This was something small but special to us. We know on our foundation are words of truth and love, even though they are not visible we know they are there and we like to believe our home will be better because of it. I have been asked a few times by a few ladies to share what we wrote, so please find the list (sorted by room) below…
Prayers & blessings for our home…
- You will blessed when you go in and blessed when you got out. Deuteronomy 28:6
- But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Jeremiah 29:5
- The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace.
- Taste and see the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8
- Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers. For by doing so some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrew 13:2
- Give us today our daily bread. Matthew 6:11
- They broke bread together and ate together with glad and sincere hearts. Acts 2:46
- Bless the food before us, the family beside us and the love between us. Amen.
- Deuteronomy 8:3 is another nice verse, which I didn’t use but I feel it could be used.
Living room & foundation/frame work.
- By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3-4
- Love one another as I have loved you. John 13:34
- For no one lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 3:11
- Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builder is wasted. Psalm 127:1
- Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt. So that you may know how to answer everyone. Col 4:6
- “For I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord. “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- The Lord will fight for you, you need to be still. Exodus 14:14
- For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4
- Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:4-7
- Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands as is fitting in the Lord. Col 3:18
- Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. Cold 3:19
- We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- Be completely humble & gentle, be patient bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2
- I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine. Songs 6:3
- I found the one my heart loves. Songs 3:4
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour. If either falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one maybe over powered, two can defend themselves. A cord of 3 strands is not quickly broken. Ecc 4:9-12
- You could also write your wedding vows.
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young. But set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring is a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3
- The lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves you. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zeph 3:17
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
- I prayed for this child and Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27
We included the kids in this process and they were able to draw in their rooms, LuLu wrote both of their names and Tommy did a little scribble.
- She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom. Proverbs 31:25
- You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you. Songs 4:7
- Keep shining beautiful one, the world needs your light.
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- My son, do not forget my teachings, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong you life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love & faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:1-4
- And she loved a little boy, very, very much. Even more than she loved herself.
- Finally, all of you be like-minded, be sympathetic, love another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8
- I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 4
- Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Col 3:20
- Give us clean hands & pure hearts. Psalm 24:4
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds the all in perfect unity. Col 3:14
- Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you maybe able to stand your ground and after you have done everything to stand, stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit which is the word of God. Pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers & requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:13-18
- Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Psalm 51:7
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as for the Lord and not for men.
- “In all your ways submit to Him He will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:6
- Jesus looked at them and said “with man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27
Prayers for the new house & little blessings/quotes.
(I wrote these around the entry way/hallway – a spot we will walk by countless times each day.)
- New home, new adventure, new memories.
- Dear Lord, may this home be a place of joy, health, laughter and love. A place of happiness & contentment, of generosity and faith. A place of kindness & support, of day dreams and hard work, of memories made & traditions begun. May those who live and visit here know only blessings, peace & love. Amen.
- Home; where family gathers, friends meet & roots grow.
- Home; A story of who we are. A collections of things we love.
- A house is made of walls & beams, a home is built with love & dreams.
- May your walls know joy; may every room hold laughter & every window open to great possibility.
I hope you found this list helpful & encouraging. This was something so special to us and I am so thankful to a sweet friend who suggested we do this. I chose these verses & quotes just because when I was researching what to include, these are the ones that jumped out to me. Your choice of scripture maybe totally different to mine and that is ok.
(For a house update video CLICK HERE)
Have a beautiful day.
2 thoughts on “Prayers & blessings for our new home.”
I love that you were able to do this. We bought a really old home, but maybe as we go through and repair things, I could do this little by little. Thank you for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person