Always make time for things that make you feel happy to be alive.
Sometimes life can feel overwhelming. You think you are doing the right thing but then God pulls a move & bam you are sitting there like “uhh, what?”.
When life feels a little too much, a bit too overwhelming I like to make a list…
Normally I just do this mentally, it can be a list on anything. But it gets my mind off the current situation and focused on something more positive.
So because life is always a bit too much, let’s make a list…
Things that make my heart happy…
- Big cuddles from my kids.
- Being in my “safe place” with my husband. (I like to rest my head on his chest where his heart is & get a hug & everything feels ok when I’m there)
- Having all 4 of us sleeping in our bed. (This is very rare as our little man loves his cot, but when he wakes in the morning I bring him to our bed to feed and occasionally he’ll drift back off to sleep!)
- Having one (or both – but that’s very rare) of my kids fall asleep on me. Oh hugging a sleeping babe is bliss!
- Watching my daughter love on her baby brother. She has so much love in her heart for him and she’s always been so gentle & kind. (And she also very protective) And the way he always searches for her is adorable!
- Taking a really great photo & thinking how much I will love looking at it one day when these moments are just distant memories.
- Cooking really good food, it is even better when it’s for people I love.
- Actually just eating good food. Gosh I love food…
- Getting a message from someone saying that I’ve encouraged or inspired them.
- Laughing really hard about something with my best friend, actually just chats in general with her.
- Reminiscing on my childhood with my sister.
- When I hear from my brothers. They are young & busy, so when I see them or hear from them, it means a lot.
- Having a cup of tea in silence. Actually just sitting in silence since becoming a Mum is nice treat that makes my heart sing! (Haha)
- My fur babies. Stroking their furry soft ears is a favourite of mine & I think they are quiet partial to it too.
- Roadtrips & adventures.
- Really good music – like the Zac Brown Band.
- Reading a good book & feeling inspired…
- Rainy days with no plans where we can relax, do nothing or whatever we desire.
- Going for a walk after it’s rained, everything looks so pretty when it’s wet.
- The beach. I haven’t been in ages, but I love beach.
- Watching a really inspirational movie.
- Knowing I’m loved by our Lord.
- And of course, witnessing a sunrise or sunset. If you follow me on my social media you know I’m kind of obsessed with the first & last light of the day, a good chunk of my photos are of the sun! #sorrynotsorry
So what makes your heart happy?
I would love to know, comment below or let me know on my social media!
Take time to make your soul happy.
One thought on “Things that make my heart happy…”
Cool list. Thanks for sharing.