Firstly, Happy Mother’s Day beautiful ladies!
For this post I am teaming up with Anne from Domesblissity, we are having a linky party where you can share your stories about your Mum, motherhood and your positive experiences about being a Mumma! I would love to read your posts, so please link up below!
Anne is a fellow Australian blogger who I’ve been following for quiet a few years & is someone I now call a friend! I love reading her encouraging posts on homemaking, life, saving money/living with less & Motherhood. Her site is a treasure trove of knowledge & I love browsing through Domesblissity!
Parenthood is a love like you have never felt and it will also push all your limits & emotions to every extreme.
Being a Mum, I truly believe is the greatest thing I have ever done – I am positive you will feel the same way with baby Yogi.
If I could pass on any advice to you it is;
- Trust yourself and do what you feel is right. Someone will always have a different opinion on your choices, that is ok – but listen to your instincts. You already know what to do, it is intuition. I truly believe you are fully equipped with all the intuition you need. You can do this. You are going to be wonderful Mother!
- Soak it all in. It all speeds by at a shockingly fast & fairly depressing rate – one second you have a newborn, the next you have a 2 and a half year old. And while you love watching your child grow & change into a real little person, you sometimes do long for one more newborn cuddle or one more day where you can just sit on the lounge all day and cuddle them & admire the beautiful little person you created. So, take too many photos, write down the little moments, take videos – do what suits you to capture these fleeting moments. Sometimes the days (nights) feel very long & the next second it’s all over and you are chasing a toddler around! So enjoy each stage, every stage has its own challenges and joys, but just enjoy it!
- It is ok to ignore the laundry sometimes and just sit and cuddle your baby. I encourage it, the laundry will always be there – your baby will only need you, want cuddles & be tiny for such a short time, always make the baby your main priority – you will never ever regret it.
- It is also ok to pick up the phone and ask someone for help or ask them to come over – to help you tidy up, to hold the baby while you shower, ask them to get your groceries or even just ask them over to have a conversation. Do not ever be worried about asking for help. (This is also me volunteering to help you in anyway you need!)
- Take a moment for yourself as often as you can. Our free moments are now suddenly very rare. Have an extra long shower, take the dogs for a walk alone, walk through the shops a little slower or take someone up on that offer to watch your little guy while you pop to the store to have some lunch with your husband. Having moments alone refresh & recharge us. Sometimes we need to look after ourselves first in order to be good Mums.
- Always remember the challenging times pass. Parenthood is like a rollercoaster, most times it is exciting & fun and you love it, then there are challenging days – they test you, but they are short lived – it always gets better.
- Our mindset as Mothers is powerful. The way we feel controls the entire tone of our home. Sometimes it is so hard to seek out the positives, but when a day is challenging or it has been a rough week, sit down & think about what went right, not just went wrong. Try and list just a few positives. Doing this can really help you see the joy and refocus your attention.
- Believe in & trust yourself, this comes back to point 1. You already know what to do, listen to your instincts – they are always right. You are a Mumma bear, you know what to do!
You are going to be a magnificent Mumma bear to your little Yogi bear. You will be so loving, fun & active and you are already so full of knowledge. You are so ready for this new season of your life and I am so incredibly excited to be right beside you during it!
I cannot wait to meet your tiny little Yogi Bear.