I read a question the other day that has really stuck with me…
That question honestly has not left my mind at all and at times it has made me a bit sad.
- Firstly and it’s the thing I strive to do every single day – be the very best Mother in this world. I know that it is a fairly impossible task as I will never be my Mother, but I give it everything I have and I am determined to be the best I can. I also want to be the best wife to my ability.
- I want to be the best version of myself I can – we develop constantly. Our interests, attitudes, likes, dislikes are constantly evolving as we pass through each season of our life – but no matter what, I just always want to remain a good person.
- I would want to a great Australian female hunter or at least just be able to hunt, I have had this deep desire to learn to shoot & be a hunter (either with bow or gun) for what seems like the past few years. I’ve never had the chance to go because it’s more of a thing my Dad, Trent & my brothers do – kind of a “girl free” event, but they are slowly working out I still want to go – so maybe one day I’ll get to go. I know I need to work on my accuracy a lot more – but it is a working progress & something I’ll be starting to work on very soon.
- To go along with the goal of one day being able to hunt, I would also love to be able to skin my kills! If I kill a fox I know it may happen, as my Dad is great at it & will teach me! Ultimately I would love to learn how to do taxidermy – but not on pets (because that is creepy), just for hunting trophies! It is unlikely to happen as I don’t have the time to commit to learn something that is so incredibly hard & detailed, but – it’s a goal. (Also, I would love to learn to butcher my own meat).
- I would move to America – I am not even joking. I have this very strong pull towards America, I honestly feel like I need to visit the South or even move there! The big touristy cities (L.A, L.V, N.Y etc) don’t interest me that much, New York would be fun, but it’s not a must see for me. Anywhere in the South would make me happy – heck I would even move to Texas. I love Australia I truly do and I know things in real life are different to how they appear online but I have a really strong urge to at least visit America – one day!!
- I would start a magazine. This has been something I’ve thought of for a little while, especially since becoming a Mum. No “Mummy magazines” appeal to me, I always want to buy magazines but not one jumps out at me or has anything I find interesting inside! Surely I can’t be the only one who is sick to death of the boring Mummy magazines or the trashy magazines that are packed full of lies? How about a magazines that has a good mix of interesting articles about strong women, recipes, realistic interior design tips, great articles on child development, home making suggestions & tips and fashion that appeals to regular adults? Not midriff baring crop top style hideous looks – just classy & classic fashion.
- And if we are really dreaming, heck I would be a surgeon. Science & the medical field really interests me. There is no way I could ever be a nurse & being a G.P wouldn’t be ideal for me, but being a surgeon would be incredibly interesting, rewarding and would be a very respectful career.
(Did any of those goals surprise any of you?)
- Travel everywhere, see & experience everything.
- Be a photographer.
- Be a journalist for either Rolling Stone or National Geographic (such a typical 18 year old dream).
- Or be a lawyer.
I think it’s great to look back at different stages of my life & see what I considered a “goal” at that point. I’m sure in 5 or 10 years my dreams will be very different again, but I guess that happens. As we mature we develop new interests & dreams – I think it all depends on the season of our life.
But right now in this season for me, I am focused on being an amazing Mumma, wife & daughter! Anything else I achieve in during this time is an added bonus!
So what would YOU do if you knew you could not fail?
What are you dreams?
Have a beautiful Sunday!!