The other day I had the urge to make my own body scrub, so I did – with a few basic ingredients I had at home.
I thought I would share the recipe with you all…
- Epsom salts (Some of its benefits are that it is great for relaxing the body & easing stress. It helps relieve muscle pain & cramps & also helps removes toxins from your body!)
- Coconut oil (Very hydrating for skin – it has countless benefits!)
- Essential oil (optional)
- Rose petals (optional)
(Once again I am hopeless and did not measure out my ingredients, I kind of just eyeball everything until I reach my desired consistency, so I did some research and found these measurements are commonly used in similar recipes, or you can just experiment and add bit by bit until you get the consistency you love!)
- Add 2 cups of coconut oil
- 1 cup of epsom salts
- Add essential oils to your liking.
- Mix together.
- Add in rose petals if you wish. (I had some rose petals from my Valentines Day flowers so I chopped them up and added them through the scrub! They don’t really do anything in my opinion except make it look a bit pretty!)
- I actually blitzed my scrub through my stick blender for a few seconds just because I didn’t have time to stir it all together by hand – it still has a good coarse texture, but be careful if you use your stick blender that you don’t over do it because the salt could be broken down.
- Add to a jar or air tight container.
- Pamper yourself!! 🙂
You can use this just as a foot or hand scrub but I use it as an all over body scrub!