I hope you are all having a beautiful Sunday, ours has been splendid & very colourful!
This morning after doing our jobs & LuLu having her morning nap we baked some healthy muffins & then after lunch I whipped up a batch of homemade paints and we had some very fun sensory & art play! After that to clean up & cool down we jumped in the pool for a nice swim! And then my parents stopped by for a visit!
What a busy but lovely day so far!
My darling girl is currently having her afternoon nap & I am having a bit of a rest but I thought I would quickly hop on and share this super simple paint recipe with you. I made it with a basic ingredient in my pantry and it turned out very well. I am still searching for other paint recipes to experiment with, but this one was fairly impressive with how simple it was to make!
- Boiling Water
- Food Dye
- Boil kettle.
- Scoop cornflour into a heat safe bowl (I used about 4 tablespoons, sorry I forgot to measure exactly) & slowly pour boiling water over the cornflour.
- Whisk immediately.
- Keep whisking until there are very few or no lumps left and you have reached your desired consistency. If it is too thick for your liking add more water & if too runny add more cornflour. (I kept our mixture fairly thick as it was more for sensory play & finger painting)
- Once you are happy with your white mixture scoop into containers or paint tray, (I bought a cheap muffin tin for this activity and it worked perfectly!)
- Add a few drops of food dye to each bowl/container/whatever and mix.
- Pop into fridge for a few minutes to chill mixture if you want to use it straight away. This may also thicken your mixture slightly.
If you want to make a bulk lot of this it will last about 2 weeks stored in the fridge.
Well, I just heard my little dear wake up & I just realised it’s time for her fruit snack and Daddy will be home very shortly! Better go do the quick race around the house and tidy up a bit! 🙂